San Joaquin is located in the southern tip of Iloilo Province. It is bordered by mountains in the north and Sibalom, Antique. West of it is the towns of Hamtic and Tobias Fornier in Antique and east of it the town of Miag-ao, Iloilo.
How to get to San Juaquin, Iloilo
There are daily flights from Manila to Iloilo City. If you plan to visit Garin Farms as your initial itinerary, from the airport you need to ride a van to SM City Iloilo for php70. Then take a jeep ride going to UP Visayas. The locals call it stop light then another jeep ride to Molo Terminal. The fare within the city proper is only php7.
There are many ways on how to go to the Garin Farms. When you are in Molo Terminal, Iloilo City. You can either take the van (php80), jeep (65) or bus (58) via Culasi, Antique. The travel time may take more than 2 hours since they are still getting passengers along the way and will stop by the terminals.
Garin Farms is located at San Juaquin, Iloilo Province which is the last municipality before Antique Province.
There are road signs 2.5 kilometers away before you reach Garin Farms. The bus will drop you the national highway and you will need to take another tricycle ride going to the farm for php10 per person. The farm is about 3-4 kilometers away from the national highway. You won’t need to worry much because the establishment has been existing in the municipality for years.
The Garin Farms has been existing in San Juaquin, Iloilo for years. The farm supplies agricultural, dairy and livestock products to the different provinces of Western Visayas. It is 15 hectare privately owned farm resort in Purok 2, Poblacion which showcases agriculture, leisure and pilgrimage theme.
The resort leisure amenities include a swimming pool, a 5,000 sq.m man-made lagoon located on a hilltop, with fishes and lilies which offers fishing, boating and kayaking, and a 300 meters zip- line which goes over the lagoon and through the trees.
On the top of the hill sits the 101 Feet Divine Mercy Cross, which can be accessed by a 456 step stairway. For those who are not comfortable with the stairways, the resort offers cart services for php 50 one way. However, I suggest to try taking the stairs for experience but make sure you take one step at a time while enjoying the view.
Along the stairway are life-size and lifelike statues depicting the Creation, Noah’s Ark, Ten Commandments, and the 9 Major Events of the Life of Jesus Christ.
Once you reach the top of hill, you will need to enter a cave towards a magnificent creation that makes you feel in heaven. It is best to go the farm around 8am- 3pm so you can have more time in relaxation and photo ops as well.
I stayed in the farm for 3 hours. They also have a restaurant where you can take your lunch, have a coffee or snack while enjoying the view.
- Iloilo Airport to SM City Iloilo- Php 70
- Jeep fare (SM Iloilo to UP Visayas) – php 7
- Jeep fare (UP Visayas to Molo) – php 7
- Molo Terminal to San Juaquin via van – php 80
- San Juaquin to Garin Farms Tricycle Fee – php 20
- San Juaquin to Iloilo City via regular bus – php58
- Garin Farms Entrance Fee -php150
- 7:30 am – 9:00 am – Manila to Iloilo City via Cebu Pacific
- 9: 30 am – 10: 30 am – Dropped by at Pavia, Iloilo to visit a friend.
- 10: 30 am – 11:00 am – Early lunch at Molo Terminal
- 11:00 am – 12: 30 pm – Traveled from Iloilo City to San Juaquin, Iloilo
- 12: 45 pm – 2:30 pm – Stayed at Garin Farms and photo ops.
- 2: 30 pm – 4:30 pm – Departed from San Juaquin going to Ortiz Wharf
- 4:45 pm – 5:15 pm – Boat transfer from Ortiz Wharf going to Jordan Port, Guimaras
- 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm – Stopped by at The Pit Stop to eat Mango Pizza
- 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm – Arrived at Nueva Valencia and checked in at Raymen Resort